Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Patch




Most of this school week has really been dedicated to my kids.  Many of the days I've spent helping in their classrooms and today I got to chaperon the kindergarten field trip to the local pumpkin patch.


I released any expectations about getting my own things done and just enjoyed being with my child.  Today was Ava's turn.  I didn't get a single picture of me with her.  Boo.  I seem to forget so often.  But I'm the 'class photographer' so I have plenty of everyone else. :)  We did the giant corn maze with stations and clues to Halloween related questions they had to answer along the way.  There was an adorable "Spookley the Pumpkin" show and they got to each pick out of course, their own pumpkin.


I love this time of year and I love seeing the fun of these traditions through their eyes.


I overheard some lovely kid quotes this week. So many make me laugh or smile.  One was a bit shocking.  But my favorite was from my own kindergartner.  Seeing my legs she asked me, "Mommy do you have splinters all over your legs?"  "No dear, mommy just needs to shave."  I'm happy to report I got a shower in this morning and all is well.  Didn't mean to scare any little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment