Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekend Road Trip

Sort of...
It was a little one.
But I sold it as such to my two little ladies.
Who're always game for a road trip.
Especially if it's looking for decorating things with mommy.


The entire way there we sang our hearts out to the
Veggie Tales version of "Hear The Bells Ringing."


The lyrics, this time of year, this reality... literally brings me to tears.


Does it you?


Really it should.


There is no greater love than this.


As we drove through the green rolling hills along the 101 to Agoura to find a cute
string of little antique shops, I couldn't help but smile inside to see my girls practicing
the song all the children will sing at church next week.


"Hear the bells ringing, they're singing that we can be born again.
Hear the bells ringing, Christ has risen from the dead.


The angel up on the tombstone said He is risen, just as He said.
Quickly now, go tell his disciples that Jesus Christ is no longer dead."


Can you imagine being around at that time and receiving that news.


It gives me chills.


Even more amazing is that the newness and excitement of Christ dying for us and
rising from the dead is still there every single day for every single one of us.


All we have to do is believe, surrender, admit we fall short and turn our
whole heart towards God.


This life is rough, I can't imagine going through it without God, without
His assurance that He goes before me and behind me and He is working
all things for good.  And that one day I too will get to be in paradise with Him.


Amen.


Ok...with that said... now back to our little road trip.


You know how blog land can take you on a virtual rabbit trail.
In my spare moments I find myself traveling down them as I'm doing research
for some of the home remodeling we're doing.
I love that I can gather ideas without leaving my home.


But then while reading around Velvet and Linen I discovered "A Beautiful Mess"  owned by Kymberley Fraser of "3 Fine Grains."
So often when I read about someplace cool I find that it's far away.
But not this time.
photo from velvet & linen
I love that she has these old vintage vellum books.  Just absolutely beautiful.
photo from velvet & linen


Unfortunately I think too pricey for our budget.  But they're amazing.
I had to take a picture of this bible from the 1700's.  It's the really thick book on the bottom.


And this lamp shade caught my daughter's eye.


Which then led me to notice this very cool cross.  Talk about making a statement in your home.

Each of my girls picked out a darling vintage looking burlap embellished egg.

I was in much need of a keychain and treated myself to this little cutie.  Reminding me
in the midst of life's craziness, that I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment