Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Here's a glimpse of how we spent Memorial Day Weekend.
We gave thanks and prayed for the military who've given so very much to preserve our freedom.

This weekend also is an important one in our family because it's Daddy's birthday!
Many months ago we made reservations to rent a very special house in Lake Arrowhead to celebrate his birthday with a long extended weekend.
The respite from daily life was very much needed for all of us.
Everyone had fun fishing

hiking 

 enjoying the home
 the boat
and the lake
the days were filled with lots of cuddles with daddy....
watching the beautiful birds and listening to their songs of praise
time playing with visiting friends for the kids
and the grown ups. 
On our last trip together, these dear friends taught me how to play my first card game, spades.
It has become a tradition now when we're together to play men against women.

I couldn't have asked for a better way to start the day, spending my quiet time out on the porch overlooking the lake.
And I couldn't have asked for a better man to spend my life with.  Happy, Happy Birthday to my honey. I thank God every day for the gift of you.


1 comment:

hill said...

absolutely gorgeous photos.
xoxo.

Post a Comment