Friday, May 17, 2013

hope heals

Whatever I can say right now to tell you to watch this video
to glean wisdom from this young woman's story.
I feel it isn't enough.  I can't do it justice.

click image to be taken to the video
I can tell you that we have many, many mutual friends.
We attended the same church.
And though before this part of her journey began we had not met,
her story and her family's faith through it touched me so deeply.

I came alongside so many praying for her and her family.

Her mother's writings through that time were so beautiful
and painful and raw and awe inspiring.

Katherine Arnold Wolf wasn't supposed to be alive.
And if it weren't for her six month old baby boy,
the surgeon said he most likely would not have tried to save her.
Plus, her husband Jay was in law school.
He was set to take the bar exam I believe that very day.
His chosen profession also had people advising against the risk of a lawsuit.
Other doctors admitted by the look of things they would not have tried.

It looked that bad.

That hopeless.

But her story of recovery and survival is against all odds.

It's a miracle and the Lord's hand is seen all throughout it.

It still is.

And her life is a testimony to how Hope Heals.
I've since met Katherine and can tell you she is every bit as sweet and kind
and caring and full of life as I had read and heard.  I love that she hasn't lost her spirit
through it all.

Katherine's story of courage and hope and optimism
through continued struggles and life altering changes is still awe inspiring.

You just must take the time to watch the unfolding of her story.
It's better than me trying to explain it all.

What Katherine doesn't know is during my deepest struggles
with lupus, which I know is absolutely nothing compared to
what she was going through.  It was her story of fighting
through something so extreme that would inspire me and help me push through.

And I think her journey has touched many in this way.
Because we all have struggles.  We all have trials.
We all have days where it feels too much.
But we can learn from Katherine's tenacity, her faith, her determination.
And the healing power of hope.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Encouragement. Hope. Determination. Thank you. How'd you know I would need to find this today.

It's a delight to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious goodness.

Splashin'
Sarah
www.justsarahdawn.blogspot.com

Post a Comment