Friday, February 24, 2012

sometimes

the mountains you have to climb
feel oh so very big.
And you need to just get away.
and get outside to run and play.
Watching the birds
and dolphins passing by.  I feel Him near.
Breathing it all in I sit and pray, watch and wait.
I'm still waiting.  But feel some clarity dawning.
I've had a couple of days of feeling so very weak.
But I know there is a plan.
There is a purpose.
And I know He will strengthen me.
I think I know where the Holy Spirit is leading.
But it feels very overwhelming.
And I struggle a lot with not wanting to make a mistake.

I keep hearing a whisper.  Even in those twilight moments when you first wake.
Before you're fully conscious.  These are the moments when I know it is Him.
And He is speaking this simple truth.
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, 
no mind has conceived what God has 
prepared for those who love him." 
1 Corinthians 2:9
For those who love him.  This child of mine, she finds hearts absolutely everywhere we go. In the shape of a leaf, a fallen flower, a gap in the clouds, and always rocks by the shore.  They find her and she them.  And I don't doubt that they are placed there by the Lord, a message for her, for me.
I do not yet see.  My mind can't conceive.
But God knows.  He doesn't make mistakes.
And I know He is bigger than my mountains.

"I will go before you and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron."
Isaiah 45:2

I'm praying for wisdom, for clarity.  I'm doing my due diligence, but
I'm also trying to rest in knowing that the Lord has a plan even though
I do not yet understand.  And he is paving the way.

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, 
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them 
and make the rough places smooth.  
These are the things I will do for them; 
I will not forsake them.  
Isaiah 42:16


1 comment:

Annalea said...

your children look just like you, jackie...

Post a Comment