Monday, December 3, 2012

let earth receive her king

UPDATE - I have decided to offer you a little Christmas present to
deck your halls... this artwork is now a free printable here...
If you decide to use it, I'd love for you to send me a picture of it in your
home.  I'd love to put together a post of all of the homes celebrating our
earth receiving her king!  Merry Christmas!


I've noticed something.
Each year as the Christmas carols begin playing.
A line from an old familiar tune jumps out at me in a different way.
In the same way that scripture can.
It causes me to really ponder the words.
Last year, it was "O Come Let Us Adore Him"


This year, the song is Joy To The World.
There is more than one line, but the one that struck me the most 
and had me working away in the last couple of weeks is...

LET EARTH RECEIVE HER KING!

Because quite frankly isn't that what it's all about.

That we should all receive Him and lead others to as well.

And how much our world so badly needs a Savior.

A Savior that came here as a baby.

His sole mission, to rescue us. 

He who continues to love us, heal us, lead us.

The list of His mercies and blessings goes on and on.

And He will return to rescue us once more.

To make all things right again, to erase evil forever.

Receiving Him.  What does that mean to you?

It has so many layers of meaning to me.
To calm and quiet myself, to focus on Him this season.
To be filled with gratitude for all He has done.
To prepare my heart for Him each day, more and more.
To receive His forgiveness.
To know that He knows I am human, I am sinful, I will make mistakes.
And He loves me anyway.  He came here on earth & died for me, for you
just so he could take those sins away and wash us all clean.

All He wants from me, from us is a relationship.  
For us to know him, to RECEIVE him.  

Yet to all who did RECEIVE him, 
to those who believed in his name, 
he gave the right to 
become children of God
John 1:12. 

The old and new testament so beautifully blend together.  Because of Jesus, the door is open.  
We are all welcome to be a part of God's chosen family.

So let's really RECEIVE Him.

And all of His promises for our lives.

We need him.

Not just for this season.

But for eternity.

It has been awhile since I've posted on a Monday.
I'll be linking up to Ann Voskamp's multitudes on mondays.
And returning to counting my gifts...
443.  Christmas lights
444. little birds flitting about in the wee hours of the morning.
445. a quiet house in that hour.
446. hot cocoa
447. family movie night
448. finding the perfect tree instantly
449. beginning truth in the tinsel this year!
450. health returning
451. children filled with excitement
452. a puppy showing progress
453. a new week

2 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful post! That is what it is all about... Receiving Him! Very nice list of thankfulness!

Carol A said...

Love this! Love the song! Love your rendition of it! I can totally see this going on my Christmas cards next year! Thanks so much! Carol

Post a Comment