Monday, September 10, 2012

ice cream soiree

What pregnant lady doesn't like ice cream?
I don't know a single one.
So it seemed fitting to have an evening ice cream soiree
to celebrate my dearest and oldest friend and her baby to be.
We met in the first grade, and if you've been around here
a little while, you know that means 34 years ago!

I hardly did this alone.
It was a team effort with many ladies bringing homemade ice cream,
waffle cones and toppings galore.
It was an evening soiree up on the deck.
And the cool treat was perfect for this hot September night.
All three are due within weeks of each other.
This night we were celebrating Kimberle, the one in the middle.
watermelon frosty...recipe found here.
Inspiration for the candles, found here.
I'll write more about the banner, garland, and candle making soon!

All in all, I was so grateful the night was peaceful and smooth.
And that my childhood friend felt special.
She and her baby are so blessed and I can't wait to meet him!

427. everything coming together in the nick of time
428. a cool breeze
429. friends
430. growing gardens
431. happy girls
432. hearing, "this is actually fun" about math
433. work
434. feeling confident sharing our choices
435. the end of the assessments for now
436. fall plans
437. a new class
438. ice cream
439. burlap
440. feathers
441. a slow day
442. finally making a miniature garden
442. the quiet 






3 comments:

Hannah Avery said...

I love burlap too! What a wonderful way to celebrate a pregnancy! Beautiful pictures!

-Hannah Avery

Laura said...

This is a beautiful setup. Love it all!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

What a pretty party! I have always wanted to have an ice cream party. Yours is so elegant! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

Post a Comment