Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Little Bit Of "Free" Time


Today my last 'peanut' (that's what I have called her since she was a baby bundled in a swaddle because she just reminded me of a peanut) started her first day of preschool for the year.  She was so excited to see her friends and to be back at her school.  There were no tears thankfully.  Just a high five and an I love you mommy.  She was settled in with her friend Ry Ry and the baby dolls.  That's all she needed.


So I am home.  Two hours really is all I have till I pick her up.  But it's the first uninterrupted two hours I've had since last June to be home by myself.  Yes we go out on date nights or I'll have a meeting.  But I'm talking about being ALONE.  I crave it.  Is that bad for me to say?  I don't think so.  Because without it I'm not as good a mommy or wife, or anything for that matter.

I have learned about myself that I need time to be quiet.  Well, maybe not completely quiet.  I love turning on my pandora Ginny Owens station.  I love getting to read an inspiring blog or two and I sit here wondering which project to start first.

There are so many.  That's the problem with a personality like mine.  I can't just sit.  Part of me wants to.  But I am too excited to embark on all of those projects I've been putting on the back burner.

I prayed the Lord would let me be wise with my time.  Not waste it because it goes so quickly.  I felt the Lord telling me to get to this first.  So today is a day of new beginnings for me.  A day to pursue those dreams that have been on the back burner for a little while.
I drew it a little over a month ago.  It should have been colored in by now... but sometimes life gets in the way and sometimes I'm too tired at night.  Ok a lot of times I'm too tired at night.  A little note that I'm almost afraid to speak out loud.  But my hope had been/still is to have enough drawings done to sell prints and possibly other things on etsy by the end of October.  I really would love to have a whole calendar worth of drawings ready before the holidays so it can be a gift option.  Oh... I need prayers that I'll be able to achieve this dream.


But back to this drawing...
It is inspired by Isaiah 40:31.  
"Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles..."

I currently have this scripture with the famous Flower Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker painted in my daughter's room.  But rain water damaged it awhile ago and we're about to have to paint over it.  I'm ok with that because I did it six years ago.


At that time I wasn't confident enough to try my hand at my own drawings for a mural so I copied hers.  I love those fairies and think she was an amazing artist.

When we chose Ava's name I learned it means bird, but specifically Eagle in Latin.  I love this scripture.  I also found this story about how eagles use the storms and rise above them, they allow them to carry them higher.  It's very symbolic of how through God we can be renewed in our strength and rise above the storms in life. 

I never knew how many times I'd look up in her room and need to see it.  It has served me more than her to this point.  But I wanted to choose this as a scripture for her to hold onto throughout her life.  

Ok.. that was kind of a side note.  But I wanted to explain why I wanted to do another painting with this scripture since we'll be painting over the mural soon.  

 I also was inspired by Daisy Love who is fighting her second Wilms tumor right now.  She is a six year old little girl and the daughter of Pastor Britt Merrick from Reality Carpinteria.  They have quoted this scripture on their blog through this journey.  

She is an amazing little girl.  I don't know her personally, but can just tell by what has been written.  I wanted to capture that feeling of soaring free with your faith in the Lord.  He will lift her higher, above this storm.  He will do that for all of us.  And even in her trial, others are being brought closer to the Lord.  He is amazing that way.  And praise God her second tumor recently shrank enough to be completely removed.  My girls especially are set on praying for Daisy every night.  She has a place in their hearts.  We continue to pray for her full recovery and a long faith filled life ahead.  I actually just checked and her fever is rising.  So please join me in prayer that Daisy Love will be completely healed.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord.  "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment