Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ezekiel Treasure


The Ezekiel Treasure print is complete!

I was contacted by a sweet mom a little bit before Christmas to see about doing a custom work for her son, whose name is Ezekiel.

This is what she wrote:  "My son's name is Ezekiel and I would LOVE a print with a boy and Ezekiel 36:26 on it. ("And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.") Maybe with a heart in a treasure chest or something?"

 She also sent me a picture of her son and a beautiful quilt she and her mom had made to hang in his room.  From there I started doing some inspiration hunting through google images.  I thought I'd share a little bit of how my creative process works.  I will gather these images just to create a feeling in my mind of where to head with the drawing.  I loved that more rustic looking tree growing out of the sandy cliff and the long grasses growing along the beach in the bicycle picture.

I'm super happy to now have a boy in the willow of wonder collection and hope to add more soon.

I have a couple of other drawings mulling around in my mind.  The Lord has been bringing me to scripture about WISDOM a lot lately.  I can't wait to have some time to bring it to life.

Meanwhile this morning I was struck by the fact that both of my devotionals spoke about how it takes getting to the end of ourselves in order for the Holy Spirit to work in our lives.  It is so true.  When we feel capable, we don't turn to Him in the way we should.  Feeling incapable can be such a frustrating place to be for those of us who have control issues.  Ahem.  But I've been learning in the last couple of years, that when we truly release that, we are made stronger in Him.   

That scripture about beauty from ashes I referenced in my last entry.  Did you notice the part about becoming a strong oak.   Not only strong, but graceful.

For the LORD has planted them 
like strong and graceful oaks 
for his own glory."  
Isaiah 61:3 NLT

I love this imagery.  That's how I want to be.  A strong and graceful oak, firmly planted for His glory.   

Listening to this as I type and wanted to share.  
May you know His extravagant love, and friendship that surpasses all things.
p.s. I'm praying for healing for our four legged baby Bella you see peeking out there in the corner and strength in case we get bad news from some blood work taken yesterday.

2 comments:

Gina said...

We love it!!!! I'm so anxious to see it in real life.

Jackie said...

Hey Gina,
It was sent out on Wednesday this week.. so I would have hoped it was there already. It did get sent a day later than I intended though due to that note about Bella. I wound up having to spend two hours that afternoon in the vet's office with her and missed the post office being open. I'm sorry for the slight delay. It has been a rough week for us. I can't wait for you to see it in real life too. On the paper, the ink looks like velvet and is so rich.

Post a Comment