Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Project Life Tuesday


This is new to me, but not new to so many.


I love it and had to take the leap.


I love this time of year, the feeling of new beginnings.


Project Life Tuesday is about taking one photo from every day of the week 
and actually putting them together with a quick line or two of journaling.  

It's a way to chronicle the every day moments of our lives.  

A way to be PRESENT in them.

And a way to document those little details we think we'll always remember, 


but sadly with time will become blurry.

Which is why I want to take a moment today to cherish the present, 

also knowing that my future self will be so glad I did. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ava's kindergarten artwork sent home from school.  
A snowman painted with kid writing explaining what she made.

Sheer excitement over the new play-yard daddy bought from Costco.  The boxes proved just as worthy play toys while daddy sorted the hundreds of pieces of wood together.


Getting supplies for Ava's birthday party at Target I came across these I (heart) U vases in the dollar section at Target.  They make me smile. 

Enjoying early mornings with my kids still in their jammies.  Sitting around the kitchen table, talking, watching the birds, reading the bible together before the rush to get out the door.  
I always want to freeze that time and let it last forever.

Lots and lots of this was happening this week.  
Every second she could, Audrey was with Daddy, his little shadow, 
helping him build the new play-yard.

When I have a lot on my plate one of two things happen.

I'll either be fine and kick into high gear, or I'll start to feel like I have organizational ADD.  

I start and half finish a lot of things, 
but I wind up feeling frustrated with myself 
because nothing is getting completed.  

On my way to put one thing away I get side tracked 
with something else I need to do and my path changes, 
then I discover something else in that process and on and on it goes. 

Does this happen to you?  

Oh when it does I start to feel like I'm spinning. 

That was happening.

But Saturday I knuckled down and sat still long enough to make her.  

She is the cake topper for my 
daughter's 6th birthday (using this pdf...so excited) coming up this weekend.
  
I was just so happy to actually complete something!

This weekend the weather was beautiful.  
Two kids had runny noses so we stayed home and did nothing.  
Nothing but hang out outside enjoying the sunshine and each other's company.  



5 comments:

Kelli said...

I love that last photo :) Happy Project Life Tuesday!

Susan said...

Oh those were some great shots, and I can totally identify with getting overwhelmed.

Loved that cake topping!!!

Veronica said...

I love that Cake topper, it's soooo cute!

Unknown said...

That cake topper is awesome! One of the things I love about project life is that we are able to capture momemnts that do get blurry with time. I am the same way about starting and half finishing things. I'm trying to simplilfy and work on that though. Love the blog too, by the way.

Unknown said...

Great Pictures. I love the vases from Target and may just have to see if ours has those..so cute :)

Post a Comment