Sunday, October 30, 2011

pumpkin carving day

The kids have been begging to carve our pumpkins.
We've been waiting to not do it too early.
So today was the day.
Here are some random pictures.
In the morning we have dozens and dozens of these little birds in our front yard.
They are so cute flitting around.
I'm going to have to figure out what they are.
They make me happy so I had to add a picture of one.
Here's little lady #1 waiting patiently.
The two big kids picked out designs from online.
We've done these in the past, but it has been awhile.
This is her cheer that I finished punching out the outline design.
She was so happy.
It was a really warm & sunny day today.
Daddy was playing with settings on the camera.
And the finished products in the light.
A Transformer.
I outlined it so my husband could see where to cut.
Minnie actually came out fine, 
but when I went to put the candle in I accidentally popped one bow out.
You see those two little toothpicks holding it back in place?
This was a delicate design that wasn't easy.
And yes, I did wind up cutting myself once.
But it's all good and I think she's pretty cute.
Here they are all lit.
My son carved the other two for little lady #2.
We can't wait to enjoy all the roasted pumpkin seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment